How to e-mail photos from Picasa
You don't have to upload photos from Picasa to Picasaweb in order to share them. If you just want to send a photo by good old e-mail to someone from within Picasa, it's very easy to do. Picasa is integrated with Gmail so it is recommended that you setup a Gmail account but you can also send photos using any mail client installed on your computer.
Here's how to e-mail a photo from Picasa in 5 easy steps:
1. Select the photo that you want to send in the Picasa browser:
2. In the top left corner of the screen, go to File and select E-Mail:
3. A dialog box will open asking you which e-mail client you'd like to use (either Gmail or your own e-mail client). I selected Gmail:
4. Another dialog will open allowing you to login into your Gmail account:
5. Once logged in, simply type the address of your recipient, write a message, click Send and you're done!